Monday, January 17, 2011

Fashion Police [Golden Globes 2011]

As I'm watching the Fashion Police, I'm going to put my own comments as they go through each actress. I won't bother with the men save for listing which ones I love:

Matt Bromer [White Collar comes back tomorrow! <3]
Robert Pattinson [He was clean! It's a miracle! <3]
Chris Colfer [Winner if there ever was one! <3]
Jim Parsons [Another awesome winner! <3]

And off to comment on the ladies!

January Jones [George's best dressed nominee]
It just seems a little slutty-ish. I just didn't feel like she looked classy enough. And her boobs looked smooshed. I do like the hair and make up though.

Sofia Vergara
Loved it! Red is definitely her color. The color is hard to see in photos though. Though don't care for the little corset holes in the back.They just weren't really needed.

Julianne Moore
The shoulder is kind of weird It's all poofy and awkward. It looks all sorts off with her hair in my opinion. Kind of a little lumpy/frumpy. I do like the necklace though but it's taken away from with that arm thing.

Christina Hendricks
Maybe a different color because it meshes weird with the big hair. Agree with the whole "maybe if she didn't have her hair all out like that with the shoulder piece" it would have been better. Very her though with the va-va-va-voom.

Angelina Jolie [Kelly's best dressed nominee]
Very pretty. Loved the high front, low back. It's great to see her being so classy now-a-days. Fitted just right and I like the green [which looks better in the videos than the pictures].

Mila Kunis
It's a nice dress but not my particular taste. The bottom half  is kind of just wrinkly and the gathering is all blah and awkward. Do like the top part though.

Vanessa Williams
Very sparkly... I think more could have been done with the shoulder.

Sandra Bullock
I just.. Don't care for the whole look. She has this super soft and flowy dress [beautiful by the way] with a severe haircut. So it's an attempt at being pretty while one is angry.

Scarlett Johansson
She looks very drowned out in this dress. Again, it's the color. If it had been maybe a shade darker it would have been fabulous. It's hard for me to separate her skin from the dress even with the pattern of the dress. And I see the Bride of Frankenstein hair too!

Anne Hathaway [Julianna's best dressed nominee*]
I really don't like the whole shoulder pad trend but the dress overall is nice. Sparkly is definitely in this season. It doesn't seem like something she would normally wear. Do love her the overall look for the most part.

Catherine Zeta-Jones
Very princess-y. She always looks glamorous and fancy. <3 I really like the material pattern. She's naturally all over great.

Jennifer Lopez
Love the dress, hate the veil on her shoulders. If the design on the veil thing had been straight on the dress, would probably love more. I love the sparkly stars on the veil. Very starry sky to me.

Heidi Klum [George's worst dressed nominee]
I do like the colors but I don't like how it doesn't fit on her. I kind of agree with the whole "It's not really fancy enough." And the front is just so not necessary and bulky. Can't tell if those are bows or knots.

Megan Fox
I like the top part of her but I don't like the bottom. The front slit is just... Ew. And it's just kind of weird for me. Very high heel. O.o;


Nicole Kidman
It's just... Ok. Not really mind blowing or anything. Just... Nice. Nothing in particular stands out to me with this dress. Bow looks kind of like a little girl's hair bow.


Halle Berry
Kind of looks like lingerie on the top. Another kind of slutty dress. It just doesn't look like a Golden Globe dress...

Michelle Williams [Julianna's worst dressed nominee*]
Not really liking it. I don't care for the white daisy flowers on the tan dress. It makes me think beach wedding. Just kind of blah.

Helena Bohnam Carter
Haha, I think she is just always so amusing with her dresses. Her hair is crazy, two different color shoes and a crazy colorful dress! She just is!

Natalie Portman
The rose is just so weird. Maybe if it had been smaller and no stem, it would have been nice. I can't believe she's wearing those shoes!

Emma Stone
I don't like her as a blond. I just feel she looks more natural as a red head [Yes, I know she's naturally a blond]. Lovely, simple look though. Not fond of coral myself but it's all right on her.

Julianne Hough
I actually really like the Egyptian look. She keeps it up with her eyes too. Maybe if the dress had been a little shorter and the necklace had been less, it would have looked younger.

Hailee Steinfeld
Good for someone so young on the red carpet. Simple and elegant and youthful. She keeps up with the vast majority [who are a bit older than her] without dressing like them.

Christina Aguilera
Hasn't she done the nude with black lace detail over it? Don't really care for it. I like her 50's hair and the shape of the dress.

Eva Longoria
Very simple and elegant and sleek. Backless seems to be very popular. I like the flowy, spread out bottom but I'm sure it caused many walking problems!

Olivia Wilde
My favorite look of the night! It was fantastic! Loved her shoes [but agree silver would have been better]! Her dress makes me think of the night sky with the slightly uneven sparkles and color transitioning. She makes me want this dress! <3

Lea Michele
Eh... I don't know about the ruffles on one side and then the ruffles on the other side of the sleeve. I would have liked a flowier material to go with the flowiness of the ruffles.

Piper Perabo
Another eh... She looks very thin. I don't know if the dress really flatters her even though I love her as an actress. Doesn't really wow me at all.

Amber Riley
Again with the sparkles! But she pulls it off! Love her! <3

Leighton Meester [Kelly's worst dressed nominee]
A little matronly [at least the dress]. Again, maybe another color for the dress would have made this work better. Kind of think old lady lace which clashes with her youthful face and hair.

Tilda Swendon
Did not like it at all. It looks like she threw on any old button up shirt and a skirt.

* These are the final selections by Joan Rivers... Who I don't think should really be judging people on fashion and seems to do it because she's funny.

You can go here to see pictures of all these ladies. It takes you to the E! page for the Golden Globes [2011].

No comments:

Post a Comment