Sunday, August 21, 2011

So...

So I just finished watching all of Torchwood... AND IT DIDN'T GET ANY BETTER!!! Ok, it got a teenie tiny bit better but not much. Spoilers under the link.


I should also note that even after watching all of Torchwood that I could, I still don't like Gwen.

I don't know if I'll ever see Torchwood: Miracle Day considering it is on Starz here in the States and I'll probably never want to pay to see it.

So now I'm looking through Amazon Prime for some new shows and movies to watch.

Current going list for tv shows:
Pushing Daisies
Robin Hood
The Tudors [though I have seen seasons 1 & 2]
Primeval
Doctor Who [old school version]
Numb3rs
Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century [because anything involving Holmes should be interesting]

I haven't gone through the movies yet but I'm sure I will. Always open to recommendations as well.


What I didn't like about the second/third seasons:

  1. The very sudden attraction between Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen. 
  2. My favorite non-couple but should have been a couple died [Tosh and Owen]. 
  3. Rhys still doesn't remember that Gwen cheated on him with Owen. She doesn't bother confessing at all [though before they got married would have been nice].
  4. Ianto died. 
  5. Gwen didn't die though I would have been sad if she died while with child.
  6. We find out about Jack's random daughter and her random child
  7. Jack sacrifices said random child [while understandable and still pretty much with character for Jack still makes me sad]
  8. Jack just... goes away. It was all... Dull. He also shows no remorse or even thought to the whole situation. Which is why he'd never would have been a good companion to the Doctor. I don't think he ever realized that.
Things I liked about the second/third seasons:
  1. The Tosh/Owen death scene: While it was incredibly sad [though not sad enough for tears], it probably brought out the most emotion out of me in relation to the show. Also, Tosh's final words in the video are nice
  2. We get to see some Ianto/Jack action, even if it is incredibly brief and more of a humor stunt.


2 comments:

  1. Numb3rs is awesome! I love it so much. The Tudors is pretty good although it gets weird in the later seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started watching Robin Hood and I'm almost done the first season. I'm working on a post for it now...

    ReplyDelete