Wednesday, November 23, 2011

YouTube + Video Games = Many hours wasted

Recently, I've become kind of a youtube junkie... Particularly for guys and gals playing video games. Maybe it's my way of playing the games vicariously through others. I only own my laptop and a PS2 [with a handful of games]. And since I don't own a memory card, I haven't felt encouraged to start any of my games.

Here are some youtube channels focused on video game playing that I have subscribed to:

Hank Games
For anyone familiar with the vlogbrothers, you have probably heard about this channel. It originally started with Hank Green playing video games by himself. I subscribed to this channel when he began playing Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4. I have always liked watching other people play video games... Given they have amusing commentary to go with it. I'd also recommend watching him play Assassins Creed... But start from the first one he played! He's currently on Revelations.

But right now, the first thing I check out is to see if his brother, John Green, has put up a new episode of The Miracle of Swindon Town. Basically, he plays FIFA 2011 as the Swindon Town Swoodilypoopers [not the real name of the Swindon Town F.C. btw] and provides interesting and random commentary. I don't know why it fascinates me so but it does. Maybe it's just the listener in me. I like listening to people and John Green has a lot to say.

Below is the latest episode of The Miracle of Swindon Town



This is a really new channel from a youtuber that I was following before hand, Luke Conard. What I like about the channel is that there are a bunch of different people playing a bunch of different games. There really is something for everyone and I'm excited to see this channel flourish. Not only that, I haven't played most of the games they are taking on.

I have been watching all the videos so far but the ones I guess I'm most excited for are:

Little Big Planet with Luke and Ingrid [missglamorazzi]

and Alex plays Batman: Arkham Asylum [which did a live showing but hasn't been posted yet on the channel].

... Yeah. That's all.

1 comment:

  1. ChuggaConroy LPs or TheRunawayGuys!

    The Runaway Guys play Super Mario Bros. Wii and DIE a lot! It's really funny!

    ReplyDelete