Monday, May 9, 2011

Tabatha's Salon Takeover

It's that one really guilty pleasure show that I think I have that I watch again and again. I love this show and I never hesitate to put it on when I see it on the TV guide.

For those who don't know, this is a show where Tabatha Coffey [Shear Genius and appearances on Make Me  A Supermodel, The Tyra Banks show and The Biggest Loser] goes to failing salons and works her magic. She is very outspoken and blunt with what she has to say. And with the people she helps, it's needed.

And it isn't just about the product provided to the clients, like the hair cuts and the color. It's also about the business portion of running a salon. Tabatha is a mix of business saavy owner and edgy stylist. That can be a hard thing to accomplish but she pulls it off flawlessly. That isn't to mean that she is perfect. She loses her temper like anyone else does or would.

But I love watching her work. She isn't afraid to point out when someone is doing something poorly and her answer for stylists who don't work up to par isn't fire them. She knows when there is a potential and when there is none. And not everyone takes her advice to the t and it still works out. And sometimes they don't take her advice and it doesn't always work out.

Definitely recommend this show [it's on Bravo for those in the US who are wondering]

No comments:

Post a Comment