Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lady Gaga

Now one probably wouldn't expect it from just looking at me and having a few short conversations but I love Lady Gaga. It's my musical obsession of the moment. While she hasn't made it to my favorite artist[s] title, she is probably at #2.

And now you're thinking "This blog is about watching things, no?" And I am talking about watching something. All of Lady Gaga's music videos are pretty out there and usually take another step with each new video. But the most recent video "Judas" is actually taking a step back from the crazy and more to the dancing. It's pretty phenomenal in my opinion.

I love that while there is still a story, the dancing makes a big part of it and I can actually focus on it. Usually I'm so involved in the story that I can't be bothered with the dancing. And Lady Gaga is an excellent dancer. I think many people forget about that. Her moves are clean and crisp. She doesn't half ass her moves and she makes you want to dance with her [till you realize you'd probably injure yourself if you aren't remotely a dancer].

Another thing I noted was her appearance. I definitely liked some of the outfits and not so much on others. I really liked the close up shots of her makeup though. I love those because I love crazy makeup that you couldn't really use in real life. It's costume-ish but amazing and sleek.

And the music video isn't that long. So watch it as I have posted it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment