Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vampires Suck

Like many spoofs, this movie has its up and down moments. Some of the humor takes and some of it doesn't. It probably doesn't help that this is the second time I'm seeing this movie. This means that the effect of the humor I found funny the first time may not be as funny when I first watched.

Some of the characters are spot on with the spoofage. The girl who plays Becca gets it dead on. Her counterpart is a lifeless person who has no personality at all. I do wonder how she stays alive considering all the bad stuff that happens to her.


Digs in the movie that I love:
Sporks
Jersey Shore douchebags
Catherine Hardwicke 101
The wearing of the bio hazard suit
Catching apple, bowling ball and baby
Use of random Asian kid to save Becca from being crushed by truck [P.S. his protruding arm among other things look very fake]
How Becca couldn't stop laughing after she first sprayed her father with mace
Sullen sponsored blood drive
Finger food
Hamburger face!
Becca blinks... A lot. And throws a massive tantrum
And the months go by and Becca is even more depressing than Bella
Angst levels! I want me one of those machines!
"And you twitch. It's kind of irritating."
Jacob's overall transformation is fabulous.
As if Bella would know which one was the break line...
Of course! That's the vampire's secret to eating people! Hot sauce!
Love the pack <3
Rebound Guy Herbal Tea - Where can I get some? Preferably with a guy
And Iris in a babushka...
Oh Jacob, so easily distracted
And they manage to cram all the titles into the movie
I wonder if anyone would really get a tattoo that says "Insert fangs here"
"Team Jacob, bitch!"


Random crap that was amusing:
Vampire Diaries reference
Shameless promotion of products
  • slurpee
  • cheetos
  • Crest whitening strips
  • Segway
  • The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
  • Ben and Jerry's
Yoga + Pilates = Yogalates
Gossip Girl interlude [would have been better if they got Kristen Bell]
Poor Kardashians
He is definitely a Jonas Brother
Real Housewives of Atlanta = Animals
Tricky Dick comes out to play!
Buffy! You should have been here sooner!
Oh Tay-Tay...
Ken Jeong knows how to party

Ultimately, I'm pretty happy I watched this movie again. Of course it wasn't as funny the second time around but still enjoyable. I'd recommend it as a one night rental kind of deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment