Sunday, June 5, 2011

MTV Movie Awards

As you may have noticed, I kind of like awards shows. They're fun to see what people are wearing and the attempts at jokes. Of course, every host is different as well. So naturally I had to watch. Especially because the MTV Movie Awards can get kind of crazy.

Thoughts during other bits
CHELSEA! Love her <3 And of course a drink is her signature.
It wouldn't be hard to lose Taylor Lautner I imagine.
Oooo, encouraging underage drinking = no-no!
What is up with coconut water?
Haha <3 Eva Mendes is pretty awesome.
Going to get bored with this Hangover knock off really fast...
Twilight country... Hm, where is Paramore...?
Ok... maybe it's because I haven't seen Valentine's Day but Taylor Lautner cannot really do funny...
And I don't know how I feel about this host, Jason Sudeikis. He is... not really that funny. Though I liked the jab at MTV executives.
King's Speech infinitely > Twilight
Too many Schwarzenegger jokes for this early in the show
Good Ashton joke but delivery could have been better

Oh Steve Carrell. You still kind of annoy me with your humor.
Jim Carrey, I love your suit even if there are humping dogs on it.
Not a big Foo Fighters fan. I like their stuff enough but not enough to buy a CD.
Oh Aziz Ansari

Didn't know the boulder had a name...
Um... This is getting really dirty...

No songs... please... Ugh.... Not going well so far.
Poor David [from Foo Fighters].
Thank god this is the last song... And there were definitely some issues with the sound the the actual speaking of the actors.
Ugh, Donald Trump imagery...

Award moments of what can happen when you text and drive. Specifically if you are going 80mph.
That guy shouldn't have a trailer. Seriously.

Lupe Fiasco/Trey Songz performance is pretty good. Love this song "The Show Goes On"

And this host is not funny. I don't care if he is from SNL... Most of his lines are flopping tonight.
Even the other people are pointing it out

Gary Busey! <3 You are insane and it's wonderful. And I love that you do comedy that is kid friendly.

---
Awards
Best Male Performance
Jesse Eisenberg
Robert Pattinson - He has improved in the Twilight movies [which we all know is why he really won]. I haven't gone to see Water for Elephants but it looks pretty good.
Daniel Radcliffe
Zac Effron
Taylor Lautner

Best Villain
Leighton Meester
Christroph Waltz
Ned Beatty [Toy Story 3's Lots-O bear]
Tom Felton - While he is better than R-Patz acting why, he probably won more for his fan base then for truly earning it. I do like him... But I feel like he isn't really a villain in the films... He's too passive to really be considered a villain.
Mickey Rourke

Best Jaw Dropping Moment
Natelie Portman
Ellen Page/Leonardo DiCaprio
Justin Bieber - Seriously... This is definitely pathetic. He should NOT NOT NOT have even been nominated. The Bieber-ites or whatever his fans call themselves need to get real.
James Franco
Steve-O


Best Fight
Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe vs Death Eaters
Joesph Gordon-Levitt vs Hallway Attacker
Robert Pattinson vs  Bryce Dallas Howard and Xavier Samuel - Ok, this scene was probably one of the better scenes in the movie but definitely not the winner in my opinion. And the teenie boppers rise again. This is why I like movie award shows for normal people who vote.
Amy Adams vs the Sisters
Chloë Grace Moretz vs. Mark Strong

Best Kiss
Taylor Lautner and Kristin Stewart
Natilie Portman and Mila Kunis
Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe
Joesph Gordon-Levitt and Ellen Page
Kristin Stewart and Robert Pattinson - Why stop their reign of terror now? I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd win for them in this category... And what an awkward display of affection between R-Pattz and Tay-Tay

Generation Award
I like Reese Witherspoon. Probably one of my favorite actresses. And Robert Pattinson needs a muzzle. And I agree with Ausiello on this one. Thank you Chelsea Handler for cleaning up that disaster. And thank you Reese Witherspoon for getting the joke right.

Best Line From a Movie [new category]
The Social Network
Easy A
Grown Ups - "I want to get chocolate wasted!" I like that line even though I think that kid needs to get out of there ASAP. Though I did like the Easy A line ["There's a higher power that will judge you for your indecency." "Tom Cruise?"].

Best Scared-As-S**t Performance
Ashley Bell
Minka Kelly
Ryan Reynolds
Jessica Szohr
Ellen Page - She was awesome in Inception. <3

Best Female Performance
Jennifer Aniston
Natalie Portman
Kristen Stewart - I think even she realizes she shouldn't be winning this award. Which makes me respect her... A little.
Emma Stone
Emma Watson


Biggest Badass Star [Needed to look this one up because it got cut off during the show]

Alex Pettyfer
Chloë Grace Moretz [?] - According to twitter right now, she won. Don't know who she is and I can't really say anything bad about her because of that. Though I do like me some Alex Pettyfer <3 Oh and some Joseph Gordon-Levitt <3 He was badass in Inception [the most badass movie of the year]
Jaden Smith
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Robert Downey Jr.

Best Breakout Star [another no show so I had to go to the interwebs to find the winner]
Andrew Garfield
Chloë Grace Moretz [?] - Again this is according to what I am finding on Twitter. And again, I really don't have anything to say about her. Though Jay Chou was pretty awesome in The Green Hornet.
Hailee Steinfeld
Olivia Wilde
Jay Chou
Xavier Samuel


Best Comedic Performance
Zach Galifianakis
Emma Stone - Finally, a decision I can stand behind. Probably because most people don't find the Twilight movies as funny as I do.
Ashton Kutcher
Adam Sandler
Russell Brand

Best movie
Inception
Twilight: Eclipse - What a disappointment. I've seen 4 out of 5 of these movies [not Black Swan] and I could easily say that any of the other movies deserved this award more.
Black Swan
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Social Network


Movie Previews
Super 8
I've seen previews for the movie but honestly... Not catching my eye at this point. Even with all the mystery. Dunno if this preview is making me want to see it anymore. Sounds kind of like an alien movie if you ask me. Kind of apocalyptic. Though I do love me some Steven Spielberg

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Regardless, I'm seeing it. I can't stop now. My love for HP is never ending. PS going to HP world sometime on July 8th or 9th. I'm excited beyond words.

Fright Night
Ok, not really one of the preview previews but... I want to see it... If only for the fact that David Tennant is in it. <3 I do like scary movies

Twilight- Breaking Dawn pt 1
Woah... We actually saw some bedroom scene. I thought they would hold out on that a little longer. I don't know if I'm going to see this in theaters or not. I saw 1 and 3 in theaters. Maybe if I can see it with someone I'll go... And it needs to be someone who won't be offended by my laughter.


---

Overall, I thought this year's MTV Movie Awards was the most inappropriate yet. Which is funny because the percent of young people [maybe 10-14] was probably at it's highest due to the Twilight films. And yes, I get that mostly under 25, females people of all ages go to see it but the demographic for the books is pre-teen... Well, at least the writing style is made for that age group. Dunno if the topics are really all that close to that age group.

Either way, wasn't impressed with the show and may not watch next year. Maybe I would if Russell Brand was back. At least he only alluded to things and left the rest up to you to think about.

1 comment: